Have you been notified that the IRS is about to garnish your wages?
Receiving that notification can be nerve-wracking. If your wages are garnished, your employer will be forced to withhold a significant portion of your wages or salary for the IRS. East Coast Tax Consulting Group understands the effect that an IRS wage garnishment can have on your family and your future, and we will do everything possible to find you the fast tax relief you need.
Once your employer receives a Notice of Levy on wages, salary, and other income, they are legally required to withhold back taxes from your wages or salary until your back tax debt is satisfied or the levy is released. It’s critical that you get help from a tax resolution professional as soon as you’re notified of impending wage garnishment.
A wage garnishment may be released for one of the following reasons:
- The period of time that the IRS has to collect the taxes expired.
- The tax levy is creating an economic hardship.
- You were not properly notified of the tax levy.
- You enter into an installment payment plan.
- You have filed bankruptcy and are subject to the automatic stay rules.
- You paid the taxes you owed before the IRS sent the Notice of Levy.
Don’t let an IRS wage garnishment jeopardize your family’s well-being. Our experienced tax resolution specialists understand the urgency of removing a wage garnishment and will do everything in our power to get you tax relief as quickly as possible. Call East Coast Tax Consulting Group for wage garnishment help today!