There are many reasons you may need to obtain your IRS transcripts, including resolving back taxes or simply to provide documentation to your mortgage lender.
If you need information relating to your IRS taxes you can retrieve transcripts online at www.irs.gov. You’ll be required to provide your social security number and answer certain personal, financial and tax return questions.
You have the ability to access your tax account information, wage and income information and detailed tax return information. The following transcripts are available online:
- Tax Return Transcript-provides you with most line items reported on your tax return as originally filed, including any accompanying forms or schedules.
- Tax Account Transcript-provides basic information such as type of return, marital status used in filing your return, adjusted gross income, taxable income , and any credits taken and payments made.
- Record of Account Transcript-combines the data from the tax return and tax account transcripts.
- Wage and Income Transcript– provides your W-2, 1099 and 1098 information.
- Verification of Non-Filing Letter-indicates that you have not filed a tax return for that year.
You can also obtain your IRS transcripts by mail. If you need an actual copy of your tax return you’ll need to complete and mail Form 4506 with a small fee to the IRS.
If you owe back taxes let the tax professionals at East Coast Tax Consulting Group obtain your transcripts and develop a plan to resolve your IRS tax problems.